• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much is ticket for a Failure to yield to pedestrians in los angeles?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wasabi0808

hello please help me i do not know what to do... i got ticket 21951 today, for not stopping for pedestrian (if there was one) i did not see any pedestrians but the cop stopped me, i usually drive very carefully because i have a child in the back, so i was very surprised when i was stopped. the cop said that there was a pedestrian who wanted to cross, the street doesnt have a ped cross no stop sign nothing and i did not see anybody crossing, what should i do? i really feel i absolutely do not deserve the ticket, if i try to fight it will it be better than just paying because i do not feel i am guilty. but he said that the car on my right stopped but i did not notice anything...
thank you for your time
my question is:
1. how much is the ticket costs?
2. if i fight it do i say i did not see the pedestrian?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
So you think the officer just made this up? Just picked you out at random and decided to make up a story just to get you?

Saying that "I didn't see a pedestrian" is not a defense. Same as "I didn't see the stop sign", or "I didn't see the red light", or "I didn't see the speed limit signs".

I_Got_Banned

Here is what you were cited for:

CVC 21951. Whenever any vehicle has stopped at a marked crosswalk or at any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection to permit a pedestrian to cross the roadway the driver of any other vehicle approaching from the rear shall not overtake and pass the stopped vehicle.​
1. how much is the ticket costs?
The fine for this violation should run you approximately $446. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">