• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to report drivers jump red light and not yielding to pedestrians on crossroad ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scott_d

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Is there any way for pedestrian to report drivers jumping red light and not yielding to pedestrians walking on cross-road with green lights?

Everyday I walk from my home to the Path Train station at Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ 07306. There is a cross way on Sip Ave near Jones St with signal lights, which I have to walk across every day.

Drivers on Sip Ave frequently jumps red lights, not allowing us pedestrians to walk across the crossroad with our green lights on - I'm not kidding, this happens every day. Hence it's very dangerous for us pedestrians to walk cross the road. While I never saw any police officer or traffic camera at the cross road.

Is there anything we can do regarding the above issue?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Is here any way for pedestrian to report drivers jumping red light and not yielding to pedestrians walking on cross-road with green lights?

Everyday I walk from my home to the Path Train station at Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ 07306. There is a cross way on Sip Ave near Jones St with signal lights, which I have to walk across every day.

Drivers on Sip Ave frequently jumps red lights, not allowing us pedestrians to walk across the road with green lights on - I'm not kidding, this happens every day. Hence it's very dangerous for us pedestrians to walk cross the road. While I never saw any police officer or traffic camera at the cross road.

Is there anything we can do regarding the above issue?
Contact the local police and request extra enforcement. If that doesn't work, try working your way up the chain at city hall. The newspaper may be able to help prompt the police to take action if that doesn't work.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Did it ever occur to you to pick up the phone and call the Jersey City Police Department?

Or better yet, go to http://www.njjcpd.org/ and fill out their Community Response Team form to report the condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">