• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to request a court for a DD course or dismissal through Deferred disposition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

citynorth

Details of the Overspeeding Citation:
Ticket Recvd at: City of San Antonio, TX
Speed Limit: 65,
Speed per the officer: 91,
Device used: radar.
I was surely & substantially above the speed limit at ~80s, but officer recorded me at 91. I am not sure how he recorded me at 91 but that could possibly be due to the fact that Officers car was in motion(probably at 65 or so) ahead of me, and he caught me as soon as i came closer(almost parallel to him). Hence recording higher than it was.
I live in Dallas and am not thinking of contesting. However i want to request the clerk/judge for a defensive driving or Dismissal through Deferred disposition. The problem is that the eligibility for DD in citation says to be Speeding at less than 25 miles and i was at 26 miles. How should i approach the court and request for DD or dismissal?

Thank you for the advise in advance.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...possibly be due to the fact that Officers car was in motion(probably at 65 or so) ahead of me, and he caught me as soon as i came closer(almost parallel to him). Hence recording higher than it was.
You really have no clue how speed enforcement works.

Maybe you should seek the advice of an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">