• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Subpoena Documents?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lobbster

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Oregon
How do I go about subpoena documents from officers involved in a speeding citation? Must I send something official or certified and where would I send the request? My trial date is July 10th.

Thank you,
lobbster

S

Spika

Go down to the Police Station and request the documents. You will probably have to fill out a request form and wait a couple days, but it shouldn't be a problem.

JETX

Actually, Spika is not correct.

Access to documents depends largely on what documents you are requesting. If they are public record, you should get them simply by request. However, if they are not public record, such as officers log book, certification of the radar unit, etc., you will have to subpoena them. Serve your Subpoena Duces Tecum on the "Custodian of Records" (or Keeper of Records) with the police department. Some departments charge a fee for this, so call and find out.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">