• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mwr

What is the name of your state? Va.
I need the worst and least case scenerio. I am Disabled (no excuse), and was in a situation to where I trusted and allowed my 15 year old take my car 7 miles away to pick up my stranded youngest daughter at her friends. He was pulled by a State Trooper doing 69 in a 35. He was ticketed for Reckless Driving, no license. I was cited for allowing an un-licensed driver to operate my car. I made a very bad error in judgement, not only allowing him to take the car, but in trusting a 15 year old. I would appreciate any advice, and would like to know how Radar work's, as his best friend was 3 car links in front of him when my son saw the officer he pulled over without the officer telling him too. I feel like it was the friends speed that was caught by the radar, and on the ticket's the officer had me in the Juvunile court, and my son in the adult court?? Please don't be harsh with me, just give me some kinda bottom line here.

T

toasted

Honestly? It was nice that your son pulled over. The tickets are yours. Pay them.

I don't know about the court though.

As for radar, its usually pretty accurate. When was it calabrated? I believe they are supposed to be checked after so long. There is paperwork for this. You could ask to see it and check it against the date on the tickets and find out if it was considered in proper working order.

Once the tickets are paid though I'm not sure if you can *go back* and get refunds or not.

M

mwr

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING TO ME IN "KIND". I HAVE GOT AN ATTORNEY, AND FROM THE LITTLE I KNOW....I NEEDED TOO. I WAS HOPING TO HEAR THE PART...........ASIDE FROM THE FINES, I EXPECT THEM TO BE LARGE, I JUST HOPE THAT HE CAN STILL OBTAIN HIS LICENSE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">