• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I found this forum looking to see if because they got my license plate numbers wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrsmith252

Maryland.

The officer was being a jerk because since I drive a nice BMW he thinks I have money. I am a full-time college student.

He misrecorded both my plate number and my race/ethnicity. Can I get the ticket dismissed (500+ reckless driving) because of negligence in recording information?

I pulled out of my driveway a bit fast, after waiting for some runners to pass. He was sitting there because the runners were doing some kind of marathon. I was on my way to church. No sooner did I pull out that he turned on his lights, right next to my house. Over $500 for absolutely nothing.

I thought it would be easier to get it dismissed by default, though, rather than argue my case.

What do you think?

seniorjudge

The officer was being a jerk because since I drive a nice BMW he thinks I have money. I am a full-time college student.

Just curious ... are you a mind reader?

Q: He misrecorded both my plate number and my race/ethnicity. Can I get the ticket dismissed (500+ reckless driving) because of negligence in recording information?

A: No.

Q: I pulled out of my driveway a bit fast, after waiting for some runners to pass. He was sitting there because the runners were doing some kind of marathon. I was on my way to church. No sooner did I pull out that he turned on his lights, right next to my house. Over $500 for absolutely nothing.

A: "I pulled out of my driveway a bit fast, after waiting for some runners to pass. He was sitting there because the runners were doing some kind of marathon." Doesn't sound like nothing; sounds like something.

Q: I thought it would be easier to get it dismissed by default, though, rather than argue my case.

A: I am unaware of the process whereby traffic tickets are "dismissed by default." Educate me, please. Thank you.

Q: What do you think?

A: I think I'd like to have a bit more global warming.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Nope - neither item you cited will get you out of this ticket. Even officers are allowed to make minor errors.

mrsmith252

I don't have to be a mind reader to know that mr seniorjudge guy is just as much of a jerk as the stupid police officer that pulled me over.

Please some NON BIAS answers. thanks.

mrsmith252

Nope - neither item you cited will get you out of this ticket. Even officers are allowed to make minor errors.
I didn't ask for your opinion. I want a real response. Or, back up why with legal proof. Otherwise it is just your opinion and I don't want to hear from you.

mrsmith252

you nearly mowed down some runners and he was being a jerk?
I think it is CLEAR, that I did NOT almost mow down runners. Or for that matter, hit them with my car, either. We have someone to mow our lawn for us so I probably would not mow anyone down since I do not use the lawnmower. Is there anyone here with any sense?

p.s. just in case you cannot understand, I am being sarcastic (about the LAWNMOWER).

VeronicaLodge

runners went past your driveway
runners were part of a group of runners in a marathon
cop was there to watch out for and protect the runners
it is very likely there were more runners behind those that passed
it is very likely there were more runners in the vicinity in general
you admittedly pulled out of your drive way very fast
at a time there were many runners in the vicinity
thus what you did was very reckless
ticket was warranted
not opinion
fact

what is opinion is your opinion that the cop targeted you because you drive a bmw.

ok?

Zigner

I didn't ask for your opinion. I want a real response. Or, back up why with legal proof. Otherwise it is just your opinion and I don't want to hear from you.
Incorrect Race - not a fatal error (that information is for statistical purposes only)
Incorrect Plate # - not a fatal error (the officer didn't pull you over BECAUSE of your plate)

OP - if you don't like these answers, go somewhere else. But, please do it walking, because you are clearly a dangerous driver.

jaxpink

I don't have to be a mind reader to know that mr seniorjudge guy is just as much of a jerk as the stupid police officer that pulled me over.

Please some NON BIAS answers. thanks.

I think i went blind there for a sec cuz i though you called senior judge Gay!!! wow cuz that would have been BAD... lol
But i reread and it was Guy!!!! :) Good for you

mrsmith252

runners went past your driveway
runners were part of a group of runners in a marathon
cop was there to watch out for and protect the runners
it is very likely there were more runners behind those that passed
it is very likely there were more runners in the vicinity in general
you admittedly pulled out of your drive way very fast
at a time there were many runners in the vicinity
thus what you did was very reckless
ticket was warranted
not opinion
fact

what is opinion is your opinion that the cop targeted you because you drive a bmw.

ok?
no I was NOT dangerous. Not only that, there were NO MORE RUNNERS.

I don't need this forum anymore so I am leaving. I got out of $510 and 5 points. Clean.

*unsubscribe*

Zigner

no I was NOT dangerous. Not only that, there were NO MORE RUNNERS.

I don't need this forum anymore so I am leaving. I got out of $510 and 5 points. Clean.

*unsubscribe*
Uh-huh, I'm sure you did! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
good bye - drive carefully!

You Are Guilty

I have a similar problem. I got a ticket for running over a BMW driver in my Ferrari. How do I get it dismissed? Can I plead "necessity"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">