• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Have 2 Speeding Tickets...1 For Nj And 1 For Ny. How Do I Plea Bargain?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

THATGUY75

What is the name of your state? New York

I have a speeding ticket for NJ for doing 86 in a 65 with a court date of 5/11 at the Municipal Court of Knowlton. Was wondering how I would go about trying to plea bargain to get the ticket reduced. Would I have to use a lawyer or is there someone from the court that I can call? If I am able to attempt to plea bargain is there a reasonable lower fine I should shoot for? Should I shoot for a speeding under 15mph over the limit etc. Or should I shoot for a non-speeding ticket? Thanks.

The NY ticket I have is for doing 48 in a 35. Do you know whom I should contact for that as well. That was in Geneva in upstate NY. Thanks

qcxlvr1

THATGUY75 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I have a speeding ticket for NJ for doing 86 in a 65 with a court date of 5/11 at the Municipal Court of Knowlton. Was wondering how I would go about trying to plea bargain to get the ticket reduced. Would I have to use a lawyer or is there someone from the court that I can call? If I am able to attempt to plea bargain is there a reasonable lower fine I should shoot for? Should I shoot for a speeding under 15mph over the limit etc. Or should I shoot for a non-speeding ticket? Thanks.

The NY ticket I have is for doing 48 in a 35. Do you know whom I should contact for that as well. That was in Geneva in upstate NY. Thanks
Not sure how NJ courts really work. If you have a New York license, you won't get anything put on your record from the NJ ticket anyway.

As for the Town of Geneva, contact the clerk of that court. For something like 48 in a 35, I would almost bet it will be reduced to something like "parked on highway" or an equipment violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">