• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a lot of Points and more hearings coming up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheyCallMeAlex

New York State.

Hello everybody. I made the mistake of putting limo tints all aroudn on my car and refused to take them off for quite some time. In that period i received a load or traffice violations. Currently i have 22 points (18 with the driver course i took). I have 3 more hearings coming up. They already revoked my license a week ago and I need to know what I can do to get it back. If there is nothing ti can do to get it back. What happens if I dont pay the fines. I'm going to owe about 1500 in fines alone, and I can not afford to pay that. If i just postpone paying them till I am elligible to receive my license will it go in to judgement and affect my credit, or send collection agencies after me? Please help me I do not know what to do. I am/was a young guy and made a decent amount of money and made big mistakes. The lease on my car is up and I'm probably not going to get another one because I went back to school. Anyway please help.:eek::(

NannyM

If you made decent amount of money then pay your fines, you may never get your license back till you do pay them.

TheyCallMeAlex

i dont have any of that money cause i quit the job almost a year ago and ive been in school full time since then so ive been living off the savings.... but lets say i have the money to pay for all the fine how can i get my license back, or at least a restricted one that lets me get to work and school.

Basically if there is a way to get my license back i would get a loan and pay all the fines. If not then I dont want to pay them at all, but i dont want it to affect my credit or have the government go after me. Besides half of those tickets we just bull**** the cops made up cause they already got me for tints so threw some more on top.

Last edited:

NannyM

First and foremost you have to pay the fines and you can ask your public defender to request a restricted license in your plea deal. You may even request to have a Breathalyzer machine placed in your car at your own expense until the courts see fit to give you back your unrestricted license.

Hey There

Start with information--Solutions will follow

2-12-08

TheyCallMeAlex

11 points within 18 months will usually result in a licence suspension in New York state for a specified time. You MAY have to pay a suspension termination fee to get it back.

How long does the notice state that your licence is suspended for?
When are your three hearings?
Can you get a continuance on these hearings?(have them heard at a later date?)
Which court are the hearings to be held at.--County Court? Town Court? City Court? Village Court?or Traffic Violations Bureau?
Are the hearings to enter a plea? or to go too trial?

Did you have a hearing before your licence was suspended?

The court where your hearings are to be held should have information if a credit card can be used to pay the fine, if collection agencies are used to collect fines or is the driver's licence suspended until the fines are paid? Does the court accept scheduled payments to the court for those with limited income, and/ or community service?

The agency that issued the suspension should have written information on if the suspension isn't lifted until the time period is over and all traffic fines are paid or regular payments are being made to the court.

Besides half of those tickets -------the cops made up cause they already got me for tints
One site that covers a traffic ticket citation from the time it is issued through the court process is
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining which has information that may prove useful in understanding the court system regarding traffic tickets.

Best Regards,
Hey There

You Are Guilty

Tint tickets are not moving violations and do not carry any points. How about explaining all the other moving violations that you received in order to rack up that many points?

PS: In addition to your fines, don't forget about your insurance increase (might even be an SR22) and the NYS Driver Surcharge you'll be paying for the next 3 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">