• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have some questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedsAdvice001

State:Ohio

Hello, my name is Antony and i am 16 years old. I have no license only a permit. I have a couple of concerns on some trouble i came across today.

My brother(Ramon, hes 10 years old) where driving a 3 wheeler and 4 wheeler on a public streets today. We were on our way back home from the woods that are a couple streets over. We were a street away from my house when i see a cop car come behind us with his lights on. I immediatley pulled to the side of the road, my brother unfortunately wasn't paying attention and ended up flipping the 3 wheeler over my four wheeler. He hit the ground and rolled the 3 wheeler. The 3 wheeler was on top of him, so i jumped off and ran to see if he was ok. The cop started screaming at us to get in the back of the car when my brother was still under the 3 wheeler. He then asked if my brother was ok( please note he's only 10 years old and the first thing he would say would be yes) he said he was ok. Then he told us to get in the back of the car so we did.
Another cop was called to the scene, he was told to go back to our house to get my mother. My mother said the cop told her that my brother was in an accident because we were fleeing from the cops.(which wasn't true) The cops were more intrested in if the atv's were stolen more then my brothers condition after being in the accident.
Also, when i looked at the tickets me and my brother recieved,( Operating a off road vehicle on a public street, no license, no registration) The ticket had a check box for "Crash" then had several different boxes to check from(No, Yes, Non injury, Injury, ect.) The ticket was marked as "No" crash on my brothers ticket.

My question is since my brothers a minor, shouldn't of he called for immediate medical help after my brother got in the accident with the 3 wheeler? Just because my brother said he was ok, doesn't mean theres nothing wrong with him.

Is there anything i can do about this?

Please respond. -Antony

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">