• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I missed my court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glemogy

HELP!!! I missed my court date

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
:eek:
I was cited for not having my insurance card with me. I was told that as long as I show proof of insurance at my court date, I'd be okay.
Well, I missed my court date. So now there might be a warrant out on me. What should I do? How do I begin to deal with this? Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it --

Last edited:

dkpd73

Find the number to the jurisdiction you are charged in, which is probably somewhere on the citation. Call that number and get it straightened out. They will probably reset your case.

I don't know the law in TN. Here they would probably not issue a warrant, but would probably suspend your license. Make certain that all is cleared up before you leave the courthouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">