• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help i did not think they could do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myranda

:confused: I GOT PULLED OVER WHERE I LIVE AT IN THE DRIVE WAY OF A PRIVATE TRAYLOR PARK.WHEN THE OFFIER ASKED FOR MY LISCENS AND INSURANCE
I ASKED HIM WHY HE PULLED ME OVER AND HE SAYED I DONT HAVE TO TELL YOU WHY THE **** I PULLED YOU OVER.I HANDED HIM MY LISCENS BUT,TOLD HIM I DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE.HE SAYED WELL I GUESS UR SEAT BELT IS BROKEN TO HUM?I SAYED ACTUALLY IT IS!WELL THATS FINE TO.THEN HE RAN MY NAME AND AT THAT TIME ME AND THE OFFICER BOTH FOUND OUT MY LISCENS WHERE SUSPENDED.WITCH I HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THAT.THEN THE OFFICER SAID WELL MRS.LOFTON I CAN RIP THESE TICKETS UP AND JUST TAKE YOUR ASS TO JAIL.BUT,I AM GIVEING YOU 4 SAITATIONS 1.FOR NO SEATBELT.2.ONE FOR NO INSURANCE.3.ONE FOR SPEEDING.4.SUSPENDED LICENS..NOW FIND SOME ONE TO CALL TO COME TAKE YOUR CAR HOME.I WAS 20 FEET FROM MY HOUSE.I WOULD SAY I WAS AT HOME....NOW
WHAT DO I DO?I NEED HELP?

CdwJava

NOW
WHAT DO I DO?I NEED HELP?
WHat state are you in?

What are the code sections on the citations?

First thing, do NOT miss the court appearance on the citation.

Second thing, find out why your license is suspended and correct it.

Third, get insurance.

Fourth, get the seatbelt fixed.

Fifth, get proof of all these things being corrected and bring them with you to the court date. That will help minimize any damage you might suffer as a result of these violations.

And, no, the officer does not have to argue with you why he pulled you over. You found out why you were pulled over when you were issued a citation - apparently it was for speed and no seatbelt.

If need be, consult an attorney to assist you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">