• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need license suspension help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtrozzo18

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.

Hi. I am a 23 year old student and professional. About two years ago I was in a small fender-bender and the cops happened to be on the scene. They requested licenses and then came back to say that mine was under suspension. Well, this was news to me! I had recently moved a few months prior and never received any notice that I was suspended. Apparently I was suspended for 25 days due to too many points. Well, because at this point it appeared I was driving under suspension, I lost it for a year. I continued to drive to work and school, because I had no other means of transportation--I live on my own. Of course, I have been caught. I will not be eligible for my license until December 2003. My question is--Is there anyway I can get at least an occupational license? State Law says you cannot once you get caught under suspension. I know that I am ineligible, but does anyone know anyway that I can get around this? I am desperate. I have so many problems getting to work and school. Please Advise!!!!

stephenk

suggest you buy a bike and research on bus schedules. You can also car pool to work and to school.

you should have applied for the restricted license when you first found out your license was suspended.

Bravo8

Being caught driving under suspension doesn't preclude you from obtaining an Occupational Limited License (OLL) if the original suspension was a result of:

Failing to respond to a citation
A result of enforcement compacts with other states
A failure to attend ordered schooling or departmental hearing

So why was it suspended in the first place, and why didn't you correct it?

J

jtrozzo18

It was originally suspended because of too many points. HOWEVER, the problem comes about because I had recently changed addresses, so I never received the notification that I had lost my license. It was for 25 days, but since I never knew, I never sent my license in to begin the suspension. Months went by and I got in a small fender bender, but the cops were on the scene. When I gave them my license they informed me that I was suspended. I planned on fighting it, but I was discouraged and told it was my word against theirs. That I would never win. So, I sucked it up and paid my fine and in turn pleaded guilty. So that gave me a year suspension. I thought I could get through the suspension and just drive when I needed to go to work and school. But, of course, I got caught. I did not know about the OLL option until recently, or else I would have pursued it. I wish I could talk to someone. I have proof that I did move around during the time of the original suspension. If I could show this to someone, even hire a lawyer do you think they would be able to do something? I am completely desperate. My working lifestyle is too rigorous. Please advise.

J

jtrozzo18

So are you saying there is nothing I can do, that I shouldn't even waste my time considering my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">