• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I paid my ticket late after I missed my court date. What does this mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forrestj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

Name: ************
Court: West Los Angeles Courthouse
1633 Purdue Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90025
(213) 742-1884
Violation Date: 03/01/2009
Initial Due Date: 04/15/2009
Case Status: Case Closed
Disposition: Bail forfeiture on 07/02/2009
Last Action: Extension
Last Action/
New Appearance Date: 06/15/2009

can someone explain if i am finished or anything? what is bail forfeiture? will i have to pay more money for this seatbelt ticket?

CourtClerk

thanks. im just wondering why there is no penalty for paying late and/or missing my court appearance.
An extension is not an court appearance date. It's a due date to pay your ticket. Believe it or not, the court DOES give a grace period in order to pay your tickets. Relax, if you WERE hit with the penalty for paying late, you'd be on here crying at just how high the ticket goes (think an additional $400).

However, if you'd like. I know the traffic supervisor at WLA. I can call her Monday and ask her to add it because you feel left out. Believe me, the court needs the money.

forrestj

An extension is not an court appearance date. It's a due date to pay your ticket. Believe it or not, the court DOES give a grace period in order to pay your tickets. Relax, if you WERE hit with the penalty for paying late, you'd be on here crying at just how high the ticket goes (think an additional $400).

However, if you'd like. I know the traffic supervisor at WLA. I can call her Monday and ask her to add it because you feel left out. Believe me, the court needs the money.
oh yeah, that would be great if i could throw $400 dollars down the toilet. please call her.

haha. thank you very much for the information. you are one informative human being.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">