• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was served for a speeding ticket from a camera but, it wasn't me.....seriously

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thelmbolt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I received the first notice in the mail, saw it wasn't me in the photo and read the fine print that said by signing I was waiving my right to be served. So I didn't sign. Eventually I got served and the guy at the door said my trial date was set for a specific date. The instructions on the paperwork said I could send in a full size, color picture of my driver's license to prove it wasn't me. I performed the latter of these actions way before the deadline. However, I am not sure if the ticket is cleared up and don't want it to haunt me until I find out the hard way. Is there a way to make sure the issue is cleared so I can rest easy? Any feedback would be great.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I received the first notice in the mail, saw it wasn't me in the photo and read the fine print that said by signing I was waiving my right to be served. So I didn't sign. Eventually I got served and the guy at the door said my trial date was set for a specific date. The instructions on the paperwork said I could send in a full size, color picture of my driver's license to prove it wasn't me. I performed the latter of these actions way before the deadline. However, I am not sure if the ticket is cleared up and don't want it to haunt me until I find out the hard way. Is there a way to make sure the issue is cleared so I can rest easy? Any feedback would be great.
What did the court folks have to say when you called and asked?

What did the folks at the contact number (from the ticket/summons) have to say when you called and asked?

thelmbolt

you may have just answered my question. I didn't call the court or the summoner's office. I sent the paperwork in that was handed to me so I don't even have that anymore. Hmmmm, I wonder how I can get the court information. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">