• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dreamap

What is the name of your state?I live in Detroit, Michigan and I'm a victmn of identity theft. I have an a#*hole brother who has used my name SEVERAL times to avoid getting traffic tickets because his name is so messed up. Problems is, I don't find out until there's a warrant for my arrest! I don't want to pay for tickets I didn't get and I don't want or NEED ANY points! PLEASE help me find a solution to this annoying predicament! I don't want him to EVER be able to use my name again. To make a bad situation worse, my drver's license are suspended!!! I NEED A SOLUTION, FAST!!!!!

S

seniorjudge

dreamap said:
What is the name of your state?I live in Detroit, Michigan and I'm a victmn of identity theft. I have an a#*hole brother who has used my name SEVERAL times to avoid getting traffic tickets because his name is so messed up. Problems is, I don't find out until there's a warrant for my arrest! I don't want to pay for tickets I didn't get and I don't want or NEED ANY points! PLEASE help me find a solution to this annoying predicament! I don't want him to EVER be able to use my name again. To make a bad situation worse, my drver's license are suspended!!! I NEED A SOLUTION, FAST!!!!!
If he has used your name several times, what is the urgency now?

How is he able to convince the cops all these other times that he is you and not he?

You are not telling us all the facts.

dreamap

OK, HERE ARE MORE OF THE FACTS!!!! It doesn't happen once a month; maybe one, two, or three times a year!!! It's been over a span of about three and a half years. He's been stopped six times, averaging 2 to 3 tickets each stop. I try to fight it in court, but he has to be there for me to fight it! A#*hole will never show! They won't go to his house to pick him up, I've tried! The cops who've issued the tickets have to identify him-THEY CAN'T DO THAT IF HE'S NOT SHOWING UP!!! I don't realy know the law, I need some assistance. Can you help me senior? Anybody??

Last edited:

Curt581

dreamap said:
Go to the DMV and get a copy of your drving record. You'll have to track down each and every ticket that appears. You'll have to go to each agency that issued the tickets, and have them pull their copies. Their buffs should show how the officer identified the driver. Some may even have a photo or a fingerprint if the driver ID'd himself verbally. Once that's done, you'll have to appear in court so the officer can move for dismissal. The court, and clerk's office will notify the DMV via a conviction status report. It ususally takes between two weeks and a month to clear things up.

This is going to be a major hassle and will require patience and persistence on your part. In the end, you may be able to have your driving record notated to have officers obtain two forms of ID if and when you get stopped. Make sure you always carry them, otherwise the cops may think you're him impersonating you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">