• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IF I GET CHARGED WITH DRIVING OFFENSE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toslow

fairfax virginia

I was recently charged with three seperate charges that string from wreckless driving, and driving on suspended to say the least.
As far as the wreckless driving I looked up the va. state code (46.2-852) and it is a general wreckless charge but in nature to the charge I had full control over my vehicle and i wasnt endangering anybody and or property. I need some help as far what exactly my charge is. I was riding on my handle bars at speeds less than 5mph and i came to a complete stop and go.
Now my main problem is can I get charged on private property and how do I find out if I was on private property.It was at a car show at george mason university and on the ticket the officer clearly writes the offense was in an parking lot. also how do I prove that I was not notified that my license had been suspended

racer72

As far as being on private property, if it is open to the public, the officer also has the right to enforce laws there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">