• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If I plead not guilty in court, any chance of traffic school if turned down?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cloke

In Illinois, received a ticket for "following too closely" to a police officer.

I would like to fight the ticket and plead not guilty, I am hoping for the officer to not show. The 3 options on my ticket are: $75 fine with conviction, $105 with no conviction and traffic school, or pleading not guilty in court.

If I get a court date set and plead not guilty, and if I'm unable to come out with that result and they find me guilty, what are the odds of me still being able to leave with no conviction on my record and traffic school? Would I have to request this with the judge?

The Occultist

Several courts do indeed remove traffic school as an option if you choose to fight the ticket. The best people to answer your question is the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">