• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if im driving a car and the passenger falls out of the car, whos fault is it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hotboy33kw@yaho

What is the name of your state? ohio

ok me and my friend were debating over whether he could sue me if he fell out of my car. say im driving a car, and the person sitting in the passenger seat falls out of the car. he wasnt leaning on the door or nothing. he was just sittin there. is it possible for him to some how fall out of the car? if so, how would this happen?

seniorjudge

Q: is it possible for him to some how fall out of the car? if so, how would this happen?

A: These are physics questions, not legal questions.

CdwJava

hotboy33kw@yaho said:
ok me and my friend were debating over whether he could sue me if he fell out of my car. say im driving a car, and the person sitting in the passenger seat falls out of the car. he wasnt leaning on the door or nothing. he was just sittin there. is it possible for him to some how fall out of the car? if so, how would this happen?
How?!?!

People can sue for anything.

If there were no door and he wasn't belted in, I suppose he could fall out. In which case he could probably sue you for not having proper belts or for not forcing him to belt up before taking off ... it doesn't mean he'd win, but he could try.

This sounds a little like my kids' game of, "What if ..." It can be very annoying! And most of us don't like to play "What if ..." games.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">