• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL driver 70 in 55 in NC - help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnp18222

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My driver's license is from Illinois, while in North Carolina recently I got a 70 in a 55 speeding ticket. Now I've gotten scared about the potential severity of their automatic suspensions for 15+. What is my best bet here? If I pay will I only lose my ability to drive in North Carolina or will Illinois get me bad for this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

seniorjudge

johnp18222 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

My driver's license is from Illinois, while in North Carolina recently I got a 70 in a 55 speeding ticket. Now I've gotten scared about the potential severity of their automatic suspensions for 15+. What is my best bet here? If I pay will I only lose my ability to drive in North Carolina or will Illinois get me bad for this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

John
Ask these folks (and you need not identify yourself):

http://www.sos.state.il.us/publications/rr/rr_chap01.html

I think you need to be over 15 (71 in 55) for a suspension, NC DMV can say for sure.

A local attorney has a good chance to plea this to 9 under (or a non-moving if you are lucky). Check to see how much your insurance will increase if a conviction gets back to IL. Depending on your record, attorney fees will be in the $300 to $1,000 range.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">