• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal lane change clean record help please need drving job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mic5133

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio.i have to go to court thur the 27th.i got to the left lane to turn there was was a car in my blind spot my back end hit the car minor fender bender.they called it a illegal lane change caz of the car there.2 points i have a clean record not a repeat offender.i drive for a living was layed off 3 days before this happend.im out of money hurting real bad.have a line on a new driving job if i get the 2 points i might not get the job.i decided to go to court to see if i can get more time to pay the $100 ticket caz i cant even pay that.worried about not getting the job. my family and i will have to move with no where to go.someone told me i can get it reduced to a nonmoving violation.after asking around people are telling me there is paper work and you need a lawer.last time i had accident was 25 yrs ago.i am legal i hav ins.please help what can i do.someone said go early to court and talk to the prosecutor he can help me others say no he will not talk to me caz im not a lawer.please what can i do.job less after 10 yrs in oh.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Sounds like an unsafe lane change to me. It's your responsibility to check your blind spots BEFORE changing lanes.

Instead of listening to conflicting stories from people, why don't you just go to the court ahead of time and try to find out what your options are.

And forget about the "I need to make a living" defense. They can turn around and say that if your license is that important to you and your life depends on it then you should drive like it.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
There is no magic solution to your problem. No one here is clairvoyant and can tell you what will happen or what you should do.

Go to court ahead of time and try to speak with someone, even if it's a court officer, to find out how things generally work in the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">