• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal right turn, I dont think its illegal, NJ, what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isphius

I got 5 tickets because of this. The original violation for this is a turn the officer said was illegal. I will post a picture. Basically i was at an intersection with no left turn. So i pulled into a parking lot straight across the road, pulled into a spot, backed out, and then continued left out the exit to the parking lot. The cop could not see me make the u turn in the parking lot, only continue across the original road and then back down the 2nd road. I got some other tickets because of this, expired license and failure to inspect are some of them, but i know those are my fault. But what can i do about this illegal right turn thing? I dont feel that it was fair. Especially since there is no posted sign except for no left turn, but i never turned left
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/isphius/608p03.png

racer72

The officer cited you for the wrong offense. It is illegal to use private property (ie: parking lots) to avoid or circumvent traffic control devices or signs. Call the officer and see if he will change your ticket.

VeronicaLodge

and seriously, if you are driving on expired tags and no inspection and stuff like that why do anything to draw attention to yourself?!

HomeGuru

I got 5 tickets because of this. The original violation for this is a turn the officer said was illegal. I will post a picture. Basically i was at an intersection with no left turn. So i pulled into a parking lot straight across the road, pulled into a spot, backed out, and then continued left out the exit to the parking lot. The cop could not see me make the u turn in the parking lot, only continue across the original road and then back down the 2nd road. I got some other tickets because of this, expired license and failure to inspect are some of them, but i know those are my fault. But what can i do about this illegal right turn thing? I dont feel that it was fair. Especially since there is no posted sign except for no left turn, but i never turned left
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/isphius/608p03.png
**A: you need to go to court and contest all 5 tickets.

Contest on the grounds of stupidity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">