• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal tint violation in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmobed

I got pulled over by a CHP officer for my tints and I got a non correctable illegal tint violation for having tint on my driver and front passenger windows. The violation code is 26708(a)1. It was marked as non correctable so does that mean I can just pay the court the fine and not take them off since I don't have to get it signed off by the CHP anyway? So long story short can I just pay the fine over the phone at the clerk or would I have to show up to court pay the fine there and show them proof that the tint has been removed? I plan on removing the tints I just need to know if I have to remove them and show them to CHP or a Sheriff to get proof that I removed them or if I am supposed to remove them at my own discretion?

CourtClerk

If it was marked as noncorrectable, then you can just pay the fine, but be aware that this doesn't stop another officer from stopping you and writing you another ticket before you get the tint removed.

CdwJava

It was marked as non correctable so does that mean I can just pay the court the fine and not take them off since I don't have to get it signed off by the CHP anyway?
If you do not remove it, you can get cited again. Next time, you can be charged with an additional offense for failing to correct the violation. And, if the officer really wanted to get anal, he might even decide to book you and impound the car. The latter is unlikely, but theoretically possible. Ut is far more likely you will continue to get citations until an officer catches up to your expensive little game and decides to charge you with an offense that gets you arrested and the car impounded.

If you want to save yourself some money, remove the tint and bring some manner of proof with you to court. The JUDGE can always opt to make the violation correctable even if the officer did not choose to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">