• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal turn to get gas on empty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miltonsn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj
Running out of gas - 1 mile left.
Made left turn through gap in barrier. Slowed down to
check for traffic and was given tickets for obstructing
traffic and crossing barrier. Is this worth fighting?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj
Running out of gas - 1 mile left.
Made left turn through gap in barrier. Slowed down to
check for traffic and was given tickets for obstructing
traffic and crossing barrier. Is this worth fighting?
were you obstructing traffic and crossing the barrier?

FlyingRon

You don't really have a defense, but you can always try your sob story with the judge and see if you get any compassion.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It could be argued that it was your negligence that caused this situation in the first place. You shouldn't drive until you're at 1 mi from empty :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You never live life dangerously???:p

:D
I've run out of gas exactly once. My (now ex) wife brought the car home and said it was low on gas. It didn't make it the 4 blocks to the gas station, but it DID have enough momentum to roll to the pump ;)

Isis1

I've run out of gas exactly once. My (now ex) wife brought the car home and said it was low on gas. It didn't make it the 4 blocks to the gas station, but it DID have enough momentum to roll to the pump ;)
Lol! That's her living dangerously! I would have had to make a run for it if I did that to my husband!

xylene

Running out of gas is a sob story, not a defense.

Go to court a judge might buy it.

Going with a lawyer will definitely help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">