• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal U-Turn in VA. NC License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clifgriffin

Tonight, I was driving back to school from Roanoke, VA when I made a U-Turn at an intersection. I had a green arrow so I assumed I had the right of way.

However, I apparently failed to notice a sign forbidding U-Turns. I was promptly pulled over and issued a summons amounting to 89 dollars.

This really sucks. Based on my past experience, I'm amazed that I wasn't given a warning. However, I can't fix that.

What I am worried about is my insurance rates going up. My record is clean. I have one speeding ticket which was reduced to defective equipment.

However, my insurance rates are already high due to a small accident I had last summer (2 MPH, rear end). (Ticket was dismissed.) The lady I hit decided to milk my insurance company for a few thousand dollars.

Long story short is: I can't afford for my insurance rates to go up. I can't afford to have points on my license or insurance.

I need to know two things:

1. Is this an offense that will get me points on my NC license? (Will they transfer?)
2. Is this likely to make my insurance rates shoot up once again?
And optionally:
3. Is it worth the hour drive to go to court over this?

Much thanks,
Clif

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">