• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal U-turn what are my odds?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doctboo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I made an illegal u-turn in a residential neighborhood this morning and got my citation for it. I'm guilty. That said, $90, 1 point and probably insurance implications seem a bit steep to me.

What I want to know, is what my odds are at reducing the sentence if I plead guilty and go to court? I have a clean driving record. I haven't had a ticket or accident in ~10 years.

That's really my only argument. I could add on BS like I'm familiar with the neighborhood, there was no traffic, the street is wide enough that I never impeded traffic, but I think any sensible judge will see right through that.

Also, I'm okay with paying the fine, I just don't want the point on my license so my insurance isn't affected.

My sense is just to pay the fine, get the point and be done with it. Thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">