• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinios Res. Sppeding in WI 82/65

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ILSpeedinginWI

What is the name of your state?WI

I received a citation for going 82 in a 65. When the officer asked me how fast I thought I was going I said 75mph. The ticket is for $235.50. The officer told me that if I appear in court sometimes they will reduce the fee due to equipment error. I can appear in court but I'm not sure what I need to do.
If this were Illinois I would likely get to plead guilty, ask for supervision, and as long as I was ticket free for 90+days the ticket would not become part of my record. I know this from a past ticket. I currently have no tickets on my record.
Does WI have a similar supervision option? The state website indicates there is a point system. My ticket indicates this is worth 4 points. I know there is an option to go to traffic school to reduce the points by 3.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Curt581

ILSpeedinginWI said:
I received a citation for going 82 in a 65. When the officer asked me how fast I thought I was going I said 75mph. The ticket is for $235.50. The officer told me that if I appear in court sometimes they will reduce the fee due to equipment error. I can appear in court but I'm not sure what I need to do.

If this were Illinois I would likely get to plead guilty, ask for supervision, and as long as I was ticket free for 90+days the ticket would not become part of my record. I know this from a past ticket. I currently have no tickets on my record.
Does WI have a similar supervision option? The state website indicates there is a point system. My ticket indicates this is worth 4 points. I know there is an option to go to traffic school to reduce the points by 3.
Wisconsin does not have "supervision".

The equipment violation the officer referred to is "Defective Speedometer", which is two points. No, they won't reduce it any further.

However, Illinois does not record out-of-state equipment violations on driving records, so it won't show up.

Veronica1228

ILSpeedinginWI said:
What is the name of your state?WI

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Wow. There's a shocker. Someone from Illinois speeding in Wisconsin. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">