• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois Resident w/Plea to Reckless and Refusal in WI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MightNeedLawyer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

In October of last year I was charged with OWI in Wisconsin. My WI attorney has convinced the WI DA to agree to a plea of Reckless Driving and Refusal to test.

What will my penelties be in Illinois? Do I need to hire an attorney in Illinois to facilitate the application for an RDP?

:confused:

efflandt

Every state I am aware of has implied consent, which means that refusal to test is an automatic suspension. I don't know how long it will take for word to get back to IL, but it will get back eventually.

Just the other day a woman from WI just south of the border crossed the median of I-94 running head on into a northbound car. Killed her and one of her two children. The 1 year old will grow up never knowing its mother. Beer was found in the car. Fortunately the people in the car she hit faired better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">