• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Im sorry if this is the wrong thread to be posting on...I NEED A LIL HELP!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drft_dmn

What is the name of your state? Kansas...Im not sure if this is where im allowed to post this and im sorry if im not allowed to post here i just have some ?'s that id like to have answered...Okay about 3 years ago i got into a wreck and totaled out my car as well as the other persons car. I was speeding and ran a stop sign and and got hit, at the time i had no knowledge that my insurance agency voided my insurance, i never recieved a letter in the mail stating that my insurance was suspended or voided out. Anyways i was being a dumba** and was late to work and was speeding to get there and wasnt paying attention and ran a stop sign and got hit and totaled out my car and the other persons car. The wreck i believe happened on a Friday so there was no way that i could call my insurance agent and tell them that i had been involved in a wreck, so i called on Monday, and told them what had happened, and in there reply to what i said they told me that i no longer had insurance with them...so...the wreck no matter what had happened was automatically my fault, i now owe 6,000.00 in damages to the other person that was involved in the wreck, they suspended my license inevitably until i pay the full 6000.00. its been about 3.5 years since the wreck, i know time has no factor in this situation, but im trying to figure out a way to get around all of this, so far my only options are to file for bankruptcy so that i dont have to owe any restitution, but im not going to let bankruptcy ruin my life. I dont know which chapter of bankruptcy to file for but im pretty sure that bankruptcy isnt a very good idea. My other option is to get with the people that were involved in the wreck and have them sign a waiver of some sort saying that there not going to sue me for the damages and that im not held responsible. Other than that pretty much just pay the 6000.00 and get my license back. I live in Kansas, and im trying to figure out a way to get my license back. I have heard of people saying that i should go to another state and get a lisence but im not sure that would work well...im totally clueless when it comes to this subject and matter about whats going on with my license if someone could please help me i would greatly appreciate it!:confused:

FlyingRon

You will not likely get a license in any other state with a suspended/revoked license in Kansas. Computers are marvelous things.

You must satisfy your obligations, and then go to the DMV (or whatever they call it in Kansas) and probably prove insurance (SR-22) plus pay a reinstatement fee. Only after that can you get a license in Kansas or anywhere else.

drft_dmn

You will not likely get a license in any other state with a suspended/revoked license in Kansas. Computers are marvelous things.

You must satisfy your obligations, and then go to the DMV (or whatever they call it in Kansas) and probably prove insurance (SR-22) plus pay a reinstatement fee. Only after that can you get a license in Kansas or anywhere else.

okay yeah im completely illiterate when it comes to these things THANK YOU! umm if i file for an SR-22 and pay the reinstatement fee, do you think that ill have to pay for the 6000.00 damages? there saying that i will have to pay for the damages before i get my license back, they never mentioned anything about a SR22 or a reinstatement fee...please help me shed some light on this id really appreciate it FlyingRon

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Question: if i file for an SR-22 and pay the reinstatement fee, do you think that ill have to pay for the 6000.00 damages?

Answer: there saying that i will have to pay for the damages before i get my license back

Ozark_Sophist

$6000 / 3.5 years = $142.86 a month.

I doubt your car insurance would have been that cheap. The SR-22 will not be.

Pay the damages.

Hey There

Info & ?s

4-5-08
drft_dmn

Some lawyers will give an initial consultation for free or no charge.
The yellow pages in the phone book would be the place to check for this.
Kansas requires that a driver must be insured to renew the registration on his vehicle.
When a car is registered in Kansas the
Name, address of the driver,policy number,year, type VIN # of car
the Expiration date of the policy is needed.
Kansas Insurance Codes - DMV.ORG typed in on Google has information on suspended licence.
Reasons for drivers licence suspensions in Kansas typed in the Google Search Window has a page of websites that has info.
Quote:
they suspended my license inevitably until i pay the full 6000.00. its been about 3.5 years since the wreck,
When was your licence suspended? Who are they?
The exact wording of why your licence was suspended?

Best Regards,
Hey There

drft_dmn

4-5-08
drft_dmn

Some lawyers will give an initial consultation for free or no charge.
The yellow pages in the phone book would be the place to check for this.
Kansas requires that a driver must be insured to renew the registration on his vehicle.
When a car is registered in Kansas the
Name, address of the driver,policy number,year, type VIN # of car
the Expiration date of the policy is needed.
Kansas Insurance Codes - DMV.ORG typed in on Google has information on suspended licence.
Reasons for drivers licence suspensions in Kansas typed in the Google Search Window has a page of websites that has info.
Quote:
they suspended my license inevitably until i pay the full 6000.00. its been about 3.5 years since the wreck,
When was your licence suspended? Who are they?
The exact wording of why your licence was suspended?

Best Regards,
Hey There
My license was suspended back in august 2006, and im sorry but im not following when you ask who are they...if you man the insurance company, it was State Farm Insurance

drft_dmn

$6000 / 3.5 years = $142.86 a month.

I doubt your car insurance would have been that cheap. The SR-22 will not be.

Pay the damages.

If you could please explain to me how it would be cheaper to pay the damages off rather than fill out an SR22 i would appreciate it...thank you!

it was a insurance related suspension/revoked matter, from what ive been told, if i fill out an SR22 and get insurance then i can get it back, but im still stuck on the damages...im agreeing with what your saying because i think that it would be easier to just pay off the damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">