• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

improper backing with a cdl in nj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freakfromthe80s

Hello, I work for a fuel company in sussex co new jersey. I was looking for a house # so I could make a delivery. I slowed down to see the mailbox numbers, I had my hazzard directionals on my ( 4 ways ). I was on a state road at the time.. I Found the residence where I was to make my delivery, Looked in my mirrors, saw nobody comming. and I proceeded to back up in the road twards the driveway...about 2 feet when me and a ford explorer colided. He was so close to me that I didnt see him in my mirrors. It was also just on the other side of a blind curve.. When the officer got there...about 45 minutes later...he issued me the ticket for improper backing. I feel that there was nothing improper about the way I backed up. All delivery people back into driveways at some point. I know that it is illegal to back out of a driveway.. but I was starting to back into it..so I could make my delivery and pul out. I went to court to contest it, to plead not guilty, and they scheduled me for February 10th. What should I do now? Talk to the da to see if he could give me something other than a moving violation??? Please help Thank you very much !!! Patrick Ryan

S

seniorjudge

"I feel that there was nothing improper about the way I backed up"

If you had a wreck when you were backing up, then you were not properly backing up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">