• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper lane change in Ct?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DevonL2

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I'm just curious if this will make my insurance go up? I'm currently 19 and on my parents insurance at the moment. I have a perfectly clean record so far. The ticket is for $93 so either way I will be sending it in Not Guilty as I really don't forsee them pulling me in for a ticket that cheap... Who knows though.

efflandt

I don't think the cost of the ticket matters as much as the nature of the offense. Some people get all hinky about 1 ticket, but I have never noticed any insurance increase due to minor speeding tickets (less than 20 over). Although, it could make a difference when shopping for new insurance. And some insurance companies look for any excuse to jack up your rates.

It may be different if you have a habit of doing dangerous things like running stop signs or red lights, drinking, etc., which can quite easily get you into an accident. Maybe the insurance companies keep a closer watch on young people now days, especially ones that make mistakes that could cost them money.

You don't get out of a ticket by just pleading not guilty. That would require that you have your day (or more) in court, and additional court costs if you cannot refute the evidence against you (and time off from your job if working). Impossible for anyone to advise without knowing the charge (statute) and why you think you were innocent.

DevonL2 said:
...as I really don't forsee them pulling me in for a ticket that cheap... Who knows though.
I know************** that they won't be "pulling" you in for a ticket, but if you don;t get it handled on your court date, they will suspend your license. It is not a warrant issue here, so the cost of the ticket will multiple in fines if you play it off assuming it would turn (or would not) turn into a warrant.

Last edited:

DevonL2

poohmantbb said:
I know************** that they won't be "pulling" you in for a ticket, but if you don;t get it handled on your court date, they will suspend your license. It is not a warrant issue here, so the cost of the ticket will multiple in fines if you play it off assuming it would turn (or would not) turn into a warrant.
Yeah I'm not saying that they'll pull me in as to say arrest me or anything, I just mean chances are they'll throw out the ticket for being what it is. A friend of mine I got in touch with last night said the area usualy throws out tickets and the like ... so for my sake I hope they throw it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">