• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper lane use and one way violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trietdo

What is the name of your state? California
Hi .

I am in California. One night I was driving on a one-way road and intended to turn into another one-way road. I couldn't see the street name nor the sign "One way" because the street light was too bright and make my eyes blink until it was too close to change lane. I was in the second lane from the right and I made a right turn into the wrong way of the other street. Right after making the right turn, I recognize I did wrong, and I made a U-turn immediately. There was no car running at that time.

The cop caught me and gave me a ticket for two violations:

1. Improper left turn CVC 22100(b)

2. One-way violation CVC 21657

My question:

1. Why is "improper left turn" when I made a right turn?

2. Does the fine accumulate because of 2 violation?

3.Can I explain the situation in court because of the condition of light at that time?

Thank you

Park

JETX

Why is "improper left turn" when I made a right turn?
Presumably because you were in the LEFT lane when you made a right turn.

Does the fine accumulate because of 2 violation?
What do you mean by 'accumulate'??

Can I explain the situation in court because of the condition of light at that time?
Of course you can explain the situation. It may, or may not, help you.

trietdo

I mean if the fine for one-way violation is $200 and for improper lane use is $150, will I be charged $350 or just the higher fine ($200)?

Do you know the approximate amount of fine for my case?

Thank you

trietdo

By the way
1. Does it count 2 points or 1 point to my record?
2. Will I take 2 classes or just 1 to clear these points?
thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">