• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

improper passing trap--how do I fight it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deannall

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I need some advice on an unfair ticket. Tonight I pulled up to a red light. There was one vehicle in the far left and I was making a right, so I pulled all the way to the right. The sign said no right on red, and I was aware of that. When the light turned green, I turned right. It was about 5pm and already dark in New Jersey when I notice flashlights shining in my face. Turns out they were cops on foot. I had no idea why I was pulled over, but learned quickly that I was stopped for improper passing. Apparently, that was not a lane as I thought. I made a right hand turn from the shoulder. The cops were on "detail" supposedly ticketing everyone who did the same thing. I was given a ticket and talked to the officer about it. Apparently, they were ticketing everyone who made that same turn (my sister went back after and noted 10 individuals who did the same thing and didn't get pulled over) After I got the ticket, I noticed the officer wrote on it that there was heavy traffic--which there was not. How is this improper passing. I guess I should be thankful that I live in a town where the worst thinkg people do is "improperly pass" and where they can spare 5 officers in the same location to ticket people. Regardless, I want to fight it. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">