• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

improper proceedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worried

What is the name of your state? michigan
is it improper prceedure for an officer to park in between two vehicles and /also then issue tickets to both? one for speeding ,the other to other driver for failure to yeild? is it possible to get the ticket dimissed for improper proceedure on either (parking position or dual ticketing)

justalayman

I do not think there is any rule/law as to where the officer has to be when ticketing somebody. Why would giving more than one vehicle a ticket be wrong for any reason.

Just can't see why you would think there was something done wrong by anybody except the folks who got the tickets.

worried

traffic stop

more specifically-was it impropr proceedure to park between the two vehicles when issuing the tickets?had a friend whose ticket was thrown out because the officer was parked in front of him during traffic stop

CdwJava

worried said:
more specifically-was it impropr proceedure to park between the two vehicles when issuing the tickets?had a friend whose ticket was thrown out because the officer was parked in front of him during traffic stop
Then the judge was a moron or there was something more to it than just where the officer parked. Most likely the latter.

It's unwise to park between two vehicles like that, but it is not illegal nor does it violate any law in any state I have ever heard of. I can stand on the side of the road and flag cars over for traffic citations even without a car ... thus, where I park my car is not relevent to the issue of the legality of a citation.

- Carl

The Occultist

Legal procedures are in place to ensure that a cop, if pulling you over for speeding, doesn't tear your car apart for drugs that may not exist if he was never even given a reason in the first place that you had drugs. They are NOT there to let you get out of a speeding ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">