• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

improper speeding ticket - missing info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speleman

What is the name of your state? Alabama

The officer left the "speed" and "speed limit" fields blank. it doesn't indicate how fast i was driving and the posted speed limit. i feel this is an improper citation. do i stand a chance in court? thanks in advance....

Some Random Guy

Are you sure its a speeding ticket? What does it say the violation is?

It could be for reckless/careless driving, driving too fast for conditions, failure to proceed with caution, etc.

Some Random Guy

Not familiar with that 3rd world country of Alabama. However, in many states, there is a phone number on the ticket to call to find out the amount of the fine to pay.

Call it and find out what the fine is. Then ask if their records show the recorded speed and posted speeds. Ask where they got those numbers. From their answers, determine if you want to fight this.

speleman

Well, i'm proud to live in Alabama....
the ticket is clearly a speeding ticket with the citation amount with a court date. i just feel this is an improper ticket due to the speeding/speed limit numbers left blank.

tipdrill

Ignore the idiots for they offer no real advice. Do not call and mention anything on the ticket. Request a jury trial. Odds are that the ticket will get tossed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">