• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper Tag Display

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honest_one

What is the name of your state? Florida

Please help!

I have a ticket for Improper Tag in Florida, Pinellas county. The state statue is 320.261. This is a criminal violation and i have been summoned to court. Please tell me how serious this is and what can i do to help myself?

Sitation: The tag is from my old car which i sold a month prior to purchasing my current car from a private party.

Thank you!

justalayman

320.261 Attaching registration license plate not assigned unlawful; penalty.--Any person who knowingly attaches to any motor vehicle or mobile home any registration license plate, or who knowingly attaches any validation sticker or mobile home sticker to a registration license plate, which plate or sticker was not issued and assigned or lawfully transferred to such vehicle, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
775.082 Penalties; applicability of sentencing structures; mandatory minimum sentences for certain reoffenders previously released from prison.--
http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec082.HTM
Too much reading for me this morning.
Doesn't seem like the screen name fits very well.

Last edited:

LdiJ

honest_one said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Please help!

I have a ticket for Improper Tag in Florida, Pinellas county. The state statue is 320.261. This is a criminal violation and i have been summoned to court. Please tell me how serious this is and what can i do to help myself?

Sitation: The tag is from my old car which i sold a month prior to purchasing my current car from a private party.

Thank you!
Did you transfer the tag to the current vehicle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">