• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper turning in street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desimalad

I moved from Michigan to New Jersey 3 weeks ago

I made a U-turn where I was not supposed to make and got a ticket for Improper turning in street.

I have been in NJ for 3 weeks when i got this ticket. I am not familiar with NJ roads and was lost and wasn't able to find my way back home so i had to take a U-turn. And I got ticket.

I have court hearing on 08/01.

How should I defend this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

OP85063

Ask for the ticket to be drop to a non moving violation, so you won't get any points. But as mention, you admit you are guilty. pay it and move on.

HomeGuru

I made a U-turn where I was not supposed to make and got a ticket for Improper turning in street.

I have been in NJ for 3 weeks when i got this ticket. I am not familiar with NJ roads and was lost and wasn't able to find my way back home so i had to take a U-turn. And I got ticket.

Thanks.

**A: can you plead insanity?

occharge

Thanks.
I use the term "ignorance" only to suggest "lack of knowledge or familiarity"...

With that being said, ignorance of the law is not an viable legal argument to violating it.

It is your duty as a "responsible driver" to familiarize yourself with the area and with it local laws before venturing out in it!

HomeGuru

I use the term "ignorance" only to suggest "lack of knowledge or familiarity"...

With that being said, ignorance of the law is not an viable legal argument to violating it.

It is your duty as a "responsible driver" to familiarize yourself with the area and with it local laws before venturing out in it!
**A: correct and being lost is not a plausible defense to break the traffic law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">