• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Imprudent Speed/Failure to Control Speed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vhpenguin

In Texas, I received a citation for Imprudent Speed/Failure to Control Speed. The officer giving me the citation said that he would not normally cite me, but HAD to because of the insurance companies forcing him. Have you ever heard of this? I would like to fight this in court and use this as the basis for my case. How strong of a case could I make?

dolebot

That is called hearsay. Nothing he said there is illegal, improper, or otherwise wrong. There very well could be pressure from the insurance industry, maybe he made it up. Maybe he was low on In any case it's not illegal to say that, so I doubt you'll prevail based solely on that.

Insurance companies often look to traffic citations to help determine who was at fault for an accident. Was there an accident involved in your ticket?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">