• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inattention ticket with previous deferral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annabarh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I had a speeding ticket for which I received a deferral from Kirkland, WA court on 9/11/08. Unfortunately within a year I had another (STOP sign) ticket in Redmond, WA. I hired a lawyer for the second ticket and explained the whole situation to her including the previous deferral. She promised to take care of both issues and later I received a letter from her that the second ticket was amended as “Inattention”. Quote from the letter:” The advantage of this amendment is that inattention violations are currently not reported on Department of Licensing Driver Abstracts.” I assumed that since it is not being reported, it should not affect my deferral. But looks like it is not the case. Recently I received a letter from Department of Licensing that my driver license will be suspended in Nov. and that I have a delinquent account with Kirkland court. After speaking with Kirkland court clerk I discovered that my second ticket affected my deferral. I tried to contact my lawyer but all attempts up to now were unsuccessful.
What are my options? Is it expected that “Inattention” ticket affected my deferral or is it a mistake that can be corrected?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">