• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inattentive Driving Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adidas74362

What is the name of your state? KS

Hello...
Was a terrible weekend for me. I went back to home town for my birthday weekend, to visit some friends and spent it with my parents. I was just getting ready to go get some grub when i noticed a whole bunch of teenagers running from the school i live next too. So i whip out of my drive way to try and get some idea of who this kids where, because theres always kids up at that school causing trouble. So as i turn left onto a street to try and get a better look at them, they cut behind my car and i turn to look to try and get just one more second to get a better idea, and by time i turn around i clip the back end of an older nissan altima that was parked. So now im furious with these little punks, i get out and one of the trucks that was parked by my house that was up there drove by and stopped because they knew my friend that was with me. I get all in their face because im so furious with them, and all i can smell off of them is weed and beer. I too caught up in my anger that i forgot to get the license plate number. SO anyways, i was met by a gentleman that lived near by who was curious what happened and he told me that the car probably belong to a fella at a party at the corner house. So i ring the doorbell to try and find the owner so i can swap insurance information. He comes out and asks alot of questions and tries to scol me a little. I tell him he can call the police if he wants. The owner of the corner house had his yard "farmed" by some stupid teenagers and a few of my friends that were home at the time saw it all from my deck and we jumped in the back of a truck and went looking for the car to get a license number but was unsuccessful. So the owner of the house asked if i was one of those guys that tried to help him out, and i said yes.
The officer arrives and hears my story and then asks the owner of the car if he just wants to swich info or file an accident report... I was hoping that after he realized that im a "good boy" i should say, b/c i tried to help his friend earlier, would cut me some slack and not file a report because that would only add onto my tap i already gained by hitting his car. But no, he filed the report and i got a $100 ticket for "Inattentive Driving"....

Now after that story, my question is how do i go about getting that off of my record? I cant get on student diversion because thats only for high school students. I have a clean record, (as far as the insurance company knows), but i was hoping i could just pay double and keep it off my record, but i have no idea if that works. Let me know if you have any ideas... Im just trying to get an idea, but i have to go and pay the ticked by march so i know i have to pay for the ticket atleast...

Anyways, let me know.

ENASNI

Sorry

Sorry... I stopped paying attention...
Please cut this down... then I bet you get some responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">