• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incompetent officers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MastrYoda

My name is Mark and I live in Texas. A few weeks ago, an officer of the law gave me a citation for refusing to obey a traffic signal. He claims he saw me run a red light. However, I have a witness who was with me and he can attest I ran no red light. After discussion with the officer by myself and my witness who said I did not run the light, and breif questioning of his evidence, the officer still gave me the ticket. I presented myself before the judge and requested a bench trial.

My question is, what evidence can possibly be thrown against me??? The officer was alone and had no winess of anyhting. I explained this to the judge but was unable to reach resolve right there. I AM Innocent until PROVEN guilty aren't I???How in the world can they prove me guilty? and.. why didn't the judge just dismiss the ticket knowing there is no way to prove my guilt??

G

gspot

Welcome to the real world,dude. The Judge is going to accept the word of the officer as gospel unless you can completly ruin his credibility somehow. If you live in a small town especially, your best bet is to pay the ticket and keep a low profile, otherwise they will be all over you. Most traffic courts are simply a revenue generating branch of your local municipality. Yes, you are theoretically innocent until proven guilty, but how strapped is your town for money? The next time you go to kangaroo court, do a little digging. Who pays the cops, the d.a., the judge and the court clerk? Chances are they are all paid by the same or closely related local governing bodies. Now find out, where does the money go? Get the picture? This is going to do nothing but piss you off, true, but now at least you know. And by the way, if there are any attorneys reading this, why exactly can I be convicted in a court where the judge is employed by the same people that employ the ones prosecuting me? How is one supposed to abtain a fair trial? anyway dude hope everything works out for you.

V

Vincent Cosent

Would I believe You

Or Walker Texas Ranger if I was the judge?

G

gspot

In principle, neither should carry any more weight than the other. This is rarely the case however. For another example, see a thread I posted entitled "dws." I did check the things I said to, and guess what? It's all a money making scam.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">