• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incomplete speeding citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warriorshah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was recently cited for driving 100 on 55. During the citation i received in mail, the boxes "Miles timed", "Miles Followed" and "Seconds timed" are empty.

As per Title 75, Section 3368(a) In ascertaining the speed of a vehicle by the use of a speedometer, the speed shall be timed for a distance of not less than three-tenths of a mile.

If the officer didn't enter these details, does it mean, I have a good defense if I plead not guilty ?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was recently cited for driving 100 on 55. During the citation i received in mail, the boxes "Miles timed", "Miles Followed" and "Seconds timed" are empty.

As per Title 75, Section 3368(a) In ascertaining the speed of a vehicle by the use of a speedometer, the speed shall be timed for a distance of not less than three-tenths of a mile.

If the officer didn't enter these details, does it mean, I have a good defense if I plead not guilty ?

No, and at that speed it means your an idiot for driving so fast,
the the only good defense you are likely to get is going to come from the attorney that I strongly suggest you consult.

..__________________
~Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not sure about the universe. ~ Albert Einstein

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">