• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect amount in fine box

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Forgetful drive

What is the name of your state? OHIO,
Well don't know if I have a shot in the dark, but my wife was driving a car registered in my name today. She got pulled over because I forgot to renew my registration from June. Anyway on the ticket in the blank for the fine the officer wrote $353.10, which seems awfully high, so I called the clerk of courts and they told me the fine was only $110. I can only guess that the 353.10 is some code number that the officer got confused. Any chance of a challenge on a defective ticket, any ideas?

FlyingRon

Quite possible 353 seems to be reserved for the counties. It seems to be different things in different counties though, everything from parking meters to failure to have certain permits.

Doubtful that you will be able to challenge on that basis. Take the ticket to the court house and have them give you the proper amount and get a receipt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">