• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect court appearance box checked?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hadley

I recently acquired a speeding citation for 70 in a 40, the officer verbally told me I would have a court date, on the ticket there is a date for me to appear, however he incorrectly checked the box that says NO court appearance required. I am simply wondering if this is a large enough blunder to possibly help me in my situation. Thanks for your time and advice in advance!

racer72

I recently acquired a speeding citation for 70 in a 40, the officer verbally told me I would have a court date, on the ticket there is a date for me to appear, however he incorrectly checked the box that says NO court appearance required. I am simply wondering if this is a large enough blunder to possibly help me in my situation. Thanks for your time and advice in advance!
The officer said and did nothing incorrect. He told you that you would have a court date. This is correct if you decide to fight the citation. The officer did not say you would be required to appear. Nothing you state even remotely appears to be any kind of blunder. Pay the ticket and move on. Easy peezy.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you're not going to tell us what state this occurred in (since you specifically deleted that question when you composed your post) then we will assume that you're not from this country at all. There is no answer to your question because we only deal with US law here, to reiterate what Zig said above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">