• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect Date and missing time on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cassieanne

What is the name of your state? California

I just got a ticket for an unsafe lane change - the ticket says "near collision" - I do not believe the lane change was not safe, and don't believe the officer was in any position to tell. I looked at the ticket however, and there is no time on it - he left the time blank and it has the wrong date (the correct day of the week is circled however). Is this ticket dismissable because of errors?

CourtClerk

The court should kick the citation back to the officer and have him amend it if there is no time. He should then be able to catch the wrong date.

Even still, if you signed it... it's yours. The date and time have almost nothing to do with the merits of the citation unless you want to say it wasn't you because you were somewhere else on that date/time, but then how do you explain signing it???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">