• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect Name on Speeding ticked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrut

Santa Clara County, California.

I recently got a speeding ticket and on the ticket my last name was spelled incorrectly. I Made a request for trial by declaration and recieved the appropriate documentation but again my last name was spelled incorrectly. I'm wondering if this error in anyway nulifies my ticket, or if there's any legal source I can site regarding this inaccuracy when I make my not-guilty written declaration. :confused:

S

seniorjudge

jrut said:
Santa Clara County, California.

I recently got a speeding ticket and on the ticket my last name was spelled incorrectly. I Made a request for trial by declaration and recieved the appropriate documentation but again my last name was spelled incorrectly. I'm wondering if this error in anyway nulifies my ticket, or if there's any legal source I can site regarding this inaccuracy when I make my not-guilty written declaration. :confused:
You have probably given up your right to complain about this since you have made what sounds like a general entry of appearance (meaning you think the court has jurisdiction over you).

If, however, that is not correct, then if the other info about you (DL#, SSN, etc.) is correct, then it will go on your record; they can identify you from that stuff.

CdwJava

If the name is WAY wrong, the CDL is different, and your description is wong, then you can make a good case. But if it's misspelled, then don't waste your time.

In CA a clerical error (i.e. spelling) is not going to invalidate a citation.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">