• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect Summons Info Grounds for Dismissal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vadriver2005

I received a Reckless Driving ticket in Virginia for virtually no reason. . . Circumstances not important. The trooper very clearly stated my eye color as "BR" when they are actually "BL" (i.e. blue). Is this grounds for dismissal? If a ticket is evidence against me, the evidence misrepresents me.

Grounds or not? Fight it on this technicality or the circumstances?

racer72

The ticket is not evidence, it is just a legal notice. And the error does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citation and is not cause for dismissal.

You Are Guilty

I respectfully disagree. Clearly, the circumstances here are not important - little things like whether the OP actually was guilty of the offense are completely overridden by one of the most egregious mistakes I have ever had the misfortune of witnessing.

It is commonly known that eyes, like fingerprints, contain a patten unique to each individual. For the officer to make such a horrible mistake as to something so basic as eye color calls into question whether this poster was even the person driving at the time of this alleged incident. If I were in the OP's shoes, not only would I be contesting the ticket, I'd file a civil rights suit against the police department who wrote that ticket. Letting them get away with something like that is unconscionable - think about the next poor soul who gets such a bogus ticket! Have you no pity?

And please don't forget to post back with the results so that others have the proper encouragement to fight their tickets as well.

lwpat

I don't think I can take it anymore. OK, so the OP deserved it. Actually the more I think about it I agree with YAG.

I'm going to start selling colored contact lens to all licensed drivers. Then we could all drive as fast as we wanted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">