• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect vehicle on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisimla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Hey everyone,
I recently got a speeding ticket. I drive a 2007 Chevy Malibu in White, which is what I was driving at the time he pulled me over. This car and it's insurance is in my parents names. However, I have my boyfriend's Maroon 2005 Chevy Tahoe in my name. My boyfriend's vehicle is the one that he wrote on the ticket, but like I said, I was driving my little car, not his Tahoe. Is this grounds for a dismissal of the ticket?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Hey everyone,
I recently got a speeding ticket. I drive a 2007 Chevy Malibu in White, which is what I was driving at the time he pulled me over. This car and it's insurance is in my parents names. However, I have my boyfriend's Maroon 2005 Chevy Tahoe in my name. My boyfriend's vehicle is the one that he wrote on the ticket, but like I said, I was driving my little car, not his Tahoe. Is this grounds for a dismissal of the ticket?
Doubt it. How did the officer know that you owned the Tahoe? Did you present the insurance card or registration for the wrong vehicle? :cool:

lisimla

I had just recently switched the vehicle into my name, so I'm not sure if I still had the papers in my car at the time, lol.

Thanks for the answers, everyone, I was just curious! :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">