• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

informal discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bubbafish

I served the City Attorney with a discovery request in Dec 2007.
They refused to comply with all the items including one for any materials they planned to introduce at trial. Their reason was that "trial deputy had not decided on evidence to be used." This was for a 21453A red light camera case in california. I filed a motion to compel. In their response they left out any reference to this evidence request. The motion was denied by the arraignment judge.

The evidence used in these cases always seems to be the same evidence packet.
Never a change in contents and handed to the defendant usually 5 minutes before start of trial. My trial is next week and I expect the same treatment.
I feel they witheld evidence they could have easily produced. Now I may need to ask for a continuance and lose my right to a speedy trial. I dont know how long it will take to study the contents of the packet. Do I have any recourse in this? Is this a brady violation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Bubbafish

Doublepost

I see nothing in the terms of use that says someone cant post twice on another subject.
Perhaps you could direct me to that rule?

Hey There

Back to original thread

Go to thread on 8-23-08 Using pretrial motions
# 10 has information on red light cameras .:)

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">