• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information filled out incorrectly on Traffic Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mightylog

What is the name of your state? Arkansas, state where citation was issued.

History: The citation was for going 84 in a 65. The officer didn't really ask any questions other than license and proof of insurance. He then stated why he had stopped me and said he'd be back. When he came back, he explained the ticket, had me sign it then gave me my things back.

After reviewing the citation the next day, I noticed that 3 of the fields were not filled in properly. The officer entered my middle name as my last name, entered an incorrect birthdate and incorrectly identified the color of the car.

I called the clerk's office and they said the ticket is typically between $125 and $135.

I live in TN and it's about a 3 hour drive to the courthouse. I believe that Arkansas is a sister state to TN and the points for the violation will show up on my TN information.

My question is, are those inconsistencies on the citation enough to get the ticket dismissed? Would it be worth persuing to avoid paying the fine and getting the points? Or should I just bite the bullet and pay the fee and eat the points?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ENASNI

Oy

There are so many so many so many so many...
oops sound like a broken record but so does your post

There are so many posts like yours on this forum...You should really look around first before you ask a question... okay.

Go look... I will wait right here under my Mulberry tree...

mightylog

ack! I apologize, I normally search first but didn't this time. Apologies all around. When I find the answer I'll respond here and close the post. Thanks!

ENASNI

Cool beans

mightylog said:
ack! I apologize, I normally search first but didn't this time. Apologies all around. When I find the answer I'll respond here and close the post. Thanks!
No problem... If you do decide to fight it though... post back with what happens...
Have a good weekend. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">