• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance rates...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newuser4321

What is the name of your state? - pa

Hi,

what driving record do insurance companies look to in order to determine insurance rates? i have multiple tickets out of state, but only one within that shows on my driving record. do they just look at the in-state one or is there another?

seniorjudge

newuser4321 said:
What is the name of your state? - pa

Hi,

what driving record do insurance companies look to in order to determine insurance rates? i have multiple tickets out of state, but only one within that shows on my driving record. do they just look at the in-state one or is there another?
They can search your record nationwide.

sukharev

seniorjudge said:
They can search your record nationwide.
That's not the case, they are only searching in-state records and will discover any out-of-state violations only if transferred (which is not the case for PA and speeding tickets).

racer72

sukharev said:
That's not the case, they are only searching in-state records and will discover any out-of-state violations only if transferred (which is not the case for PA and speeding tickets).
Someone has never heard of the National Drivers Register.

sukharev

racer72 said:
Someone has never heard of the National Drivers Register.
1) Insurance companies are not listed as entities who can access NDR. Here is a complete list:

Any individual under the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974.
State and federal driver's license officials.
Current or prospective employers of motor vehicles operators.
Air carriers for pilot applicants
Federal Railroad Administration and employers of railroad engineers.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)for airmen medical certification.
U.S. Coast Guard for merchant mariner certification.
National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
Federal Highway Administration for accident Investigations.

2) Only serious violations (e.g., DWI, DUI) are reported to NDR, and speeding is not one of them. Also, NDR contains records on those who have had their licenses revoked or suspended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">